With the current advancements in technology and the expertise of the team at Fifth Avenue EyeCare & Rosenthal Eye Surgery, there are many options available for patients which can reduce or eliminate one’s need for glasses.
- Toric Lens- Toric Lenses are used to treat astigmatism. Astigmatism may also be treated through other methods at the time of surgery.
- EDOF Lens – Extended depth-of-focus (EDOF) is a new intraocular lens technology for treating presbyopia. EDOF lenses create a single elongated focal point that enhances the depth of focus.
- Eyehance – Eyehance lenses have extended depth of focus technology, allowing for improved vision at all distances. This lens can also reduce light disturbances.
- Monofocal Lens- Monofocal lenses are the most commonly used lenses in cataract surgery.
- Accommodating Lens- Accommodating lenses are designed to “accommodate” like an individual’s natural, crystalline lens. This helps to give individual’s a greater range of vision and helps to reduce or eliminate one’s need for glasses.
- Multifocal Lens- Multifocal lenses correct an individual’s vision distance and near vision, which can reduce or eliminate an individual’s need for glasses.
- Light Adjustable Lens – Light Adjustable Lens (LAL) is the only lens that can be customized after your cataract procedure. Once your eye has properly healed following your procedure, you have the ability to adjust your vision based on your lifestyle requirements. The adjustment is made through a quick, in-office UV light treatment.
Dr. Rosenthal – Delivering Custom Vision Correction
Fifth Avenue EyeCare & Rosenthal Eye Surgery has led the field of ophthalmology in innovating and introducing cutting-edge technology for the last four decades. Dr. Rosenthal has the longest continuous experience (over 19 years) of any eye surgeon in the Northeastern United States using multifocal lenses. He was the first surgeon to use them in New York State and the first to use the current “third generation” IOLs in the Northeast. Dr. Rosenthal has also been one of the earliest adopters of Femtosecond laser-assisted cataract surgery, a system which enables him to create a tailored treatment plan which is uniquely customized for each patient.
Fifth Avenue EyeCare & Rosenthal Eye Surgery has been a leader in the development of minimally invasive, custom cataract surgery. Preferring to avoid the use of needle injections behind the eyes for anesthesia, he developed and patented a non-invasive technique for placing very effective liquid anesthetics on the surface of the eye. This results in a safe, yet pain-free surgical experience. They focuses on micro-incision cataract surgery with Intraocular Lenses (IOLs) that reduce or eliminate the need for glasses after surgery.